Re: How to mask password when using ALTER USER syntax in psql.

От Lewis Kapell
Тема Re: How to mask password when using ALTER USER syntax in psql.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The documentation for 8.3 states:

ALTER USER is now an alias for ALTER ROLE.

Under the entry for ALTER ROLE it says:

Caution must be exercised when specifying an unencrypted password with
this command.  The password will be transmitted to the server in
cleartext, and it might also be logged in the client's command history
or the server log.  psql contains a command \password that can be used
to safely change a role's password.