Re: LIMIT 1; The Integer part only

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: LIMIT 1; The Integer part only
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
bilal ghayyad wrote:
> 1) When writing the function (I mean sql function) in the postgresql, I noticed the use for LIMIT 1, but did not
understandwhat does it mean and why we use it?

Limit return to 1 record (or other specified number). Note that without
ORDER BY, there is no guarantee of which record will show up at the top
of the list. See also OFFSET. I.e. to skip the first 30 records and only
return the next 10 (records 31-40) in your list:

SELECT * from foo order by bar LIMIT 10 OFFSET 30;
> 2) Also in the function (the sql function) in the postgresql, if I need to take the integer part of the number, which
mathfunction can do this for me?

> For example, I have 3.900 and I need only the 3 (the integer part), which math function to be used?

floor(3.900)

Cheers,
Steve

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: bilal ghayyad
Сообщение: LIMIT 1; The Integer part only
От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: LIMIT 1; The Integer part only