Re: system timezone regression failure

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: system timezone regression failure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>
>>> Building 8.4 on a client's system, I get a regression failure
>>> apparently due to some difference between the system's timezone DB
>>> and what out regression tests expect, as shown below.
>>>

>> Those regression tests were *intentionally* set up to fail if someone's
>> TZ support is not Y2038 clean.  This is not a bug.  Advise your client
>> to get some less-obsolete timezone data files; or don't depend on the
>> system TZ database.  (The only reason why you should do so is if it's
>> being kept up to date, eh?)
>>

> Oh, you're right, I misread the diffs. The client is getting the
> machines updated.

Well, this is interesting:

andrew@jimbo:~> rpm -q -i timezone
Name        : timezone                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.4                               Vendor: SUSE LINUX
Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release     : 31.61                         Build Date: Thu 02 Apr 2009
02:31:18 PM EDT
Install Date: Wed 29 Jul 2009 10:52:55 AM EDT      Build Host:
cherubini.suse.de
Group       : System/Base                   Source RPM:
glibc-2.4-31.61.src.rpm
Size        : 712873                           License: BSD 3-Clause;
GPL v2 or later; LGPL v2.1 or later
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Fri 03 Apr 2009 09:20:05 AM EDT, Key ID
a84edae89c800aca
Packager    : http://bugs.opensuse.org
URL         : http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/libc.html
Summary     : Timezone descriptions
Description :
These are configuration files that describe available time zones. You
can select an appropriate time zone for your system with YaST.

And I still get these errors. Looks like at least SUSE is not keeping
up. I'll build without the system timezones.

cheers

andrew