Re: xpath not a good replacement for xpath_string

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: xpath not a good replacement for xpath_string
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>

>> This is really a usage question, which doesn't belong on -hackers.
>>

> Perhaps this sentence in the 8.4.0 docs should be amended or removed?:
>
> "If you find that some of the functionality of this module is not
> available in an adequate form with the newer API, please explain your
> issue to pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org so that the deficiency can be
> addressed."
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/xml2.html#AEN115231

Well, yes, maybe I should withdraw my comment, although in fact the
desired functionality is present, as both Mike Rylander and I noted. You
just need to use the text() function to get the contents of the node,
and an array subscript to pull it out of the result array.

The really annoying thing we are missing is not xpath functionality, but
XSLT processing.

cheers

andrew