Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>>> Much as I dislike it, we may need to revisit the idea about putting
>>> the flex output files in CVS...
>>>

>> Why? This only affects developers building from a CVS pull. You don't
>> need any flex at all to build from a tarball. If developers can't
>> install flex on a *nix box they need to get out of the business.
>>

> I wonder if it would be helpful to have a buildfarm option whereby
> it would fetch the latest nightly-snapshot tarball and use that instead
> of a CVS pull.  This would have the dual advantage of actually testing
> builds from tarballs and requiring less stuff on the buildfarm machine.
> It wouldn't be useful for more-than-once-a-day builds, but a lot of
> the machines only build that often anyhow.

That is certainly doable. It would be in effect a forced run, because we
would have no notion of what had changed. Presumably, this would only be
for HEAD - we don't do daily snapshots of the back branches, do we?

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5