Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Upgrading our minimum required flex version for 8.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Much as I dislike it, we may need to revisit the idea about putting
>> the flex output files in CVS...

> Why? This only affects developers building from a CVS pull. You don't
> need any flex at all to build from a tarball. If developers can't
> install flex on a *nix box they need to get out of the business.

I wonder if it would be helpful to have a buildfarm option whereby
it would fetch the latest nightly-snapshot tarball and use that instead
of a CVS pull.  This would have the dual advantage of actually testing
builds from tarballs and requiring less stuff on the buildfarm machine.
It wouldn't be useful for more-than-once-a-day builds, but a lot of
the machines only build that often anyhow.