Re: implement ldap authentication in PostgreSQL

От Andreas Wenk
Тема Re: implement ldap authentication in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
mitra nazemian schrieb:
> thanks
> but I has read them. I dont understand where I shoud spacify the cn, dn
> in postgresql too use them in pg_hba.conf.
> please help me
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Andreas Wenk
> <a.wenk@netzmeister-st-pauli.de <mailto:a.wenk@netzmeister-st-pauli.de>>
> wrote:
>
>     mitra nazemian schrieb:
>
>         hi,
>         I want too implement ldap authentication in PostgreSQL in linux,
>         but I cant.
>         Please help me...
>         Tanx
>
>     Hi,
>
>     first you should understand the basics of authentication in postgresql.
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-authentication.html
>
>     Then jump to this manual part:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/auth-methods.html#AUTH-LDAP
>
>     Cheers
>
>     Andy
>
>     --

Hi ,

for postgresql versions 8.2, 8.3 use this in your pg_hba.conf:

host    all         all          127.0.0.1/32          ldap  /
"ldap://your.domain.com/dc=company,dc=com;uid=;,ou=employees,dc=company,dc=com"

In postgresql 8.4 use this:

host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          ldap ldapserver=your.domain.com /
ldapprefix="uid=" ldapsuffix=",ou=employees,dc=company,dc=com"

This is not tested since I don't have ldap support in 8.4. But it's the way it works.

Everything is in one line. You have to set your.domain.com, company, com and employees.

A small hint - please don't forget to reply also to the list ...

Cheers

Andy

P.S.: As I am not a sysadmin, thanks for help goes to Andreas Putzo ;-)