Re: Synch Rep for CommitFest 2009-07

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Synch Rep for CommitFest 2009-07
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Fujii Masao<masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This patch no longer applies cleanly.  Can you rebase and resubmit it
>>> for the upcoming CommitFest?  It might also be good to go through and
>>> clean up the various places where you have trailing whitespace and/or
>>> spaces preceding tabs.
>> Sure. I'll resubmit the patch after fixing some bugs and finishing
>> the documents.
>
> Here is the updated version of Synch Rep patch. I adjusted the patch
> against CVS HEAD, fixed some bugs and updated the documents.
>
> The attached tarball contains some patches which were split to be
> reviewed easily. Description of each patches, a brief procedure to
> set up Synch Rep and the functional overview of it are in wiki.
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NTT's_Development_Projects
>
> If you notice anything, please feel free to comment!

Here's one little thing in addition to all the stuff already discussed:

The only caller that doesn't pass XLogSyncReplication as the new 'mode'
argument to XLogFlush is this CreateCheckPoint:

***************
*** 6569,6575 ****                         XLOG_CHECKPOINT_ONLINE,                         &rdata);

!     XLogFlush(recptr);
     /*      * We mustn't write any new WAL after a shutdown checkpoint, or it will
--- 7667,7677 ----                         XLOG_CHECKPOINT_ONLINE,                         &rdata);

!     /*
!      * Don't shutdown until all outstanding xlog records are replicated and
!      * fsynced on the standby, regardless of synchronization mode.
!      */
!     XLogFlush(recptr, shutdown ? REPLICATION_MODE_FSYNC :
XLogSyncReplication);
     /*      * We mustn't write any new WAL after a shutdown checkpoint, or it will

If that's the only such caller, let's introduce a new function for that
and keep the XLogFlush() api unchanged.

Сообщение: Re: WIP: Deferrable unique constraints
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Deferrable unique constraints