Re: Synch Rep for CommitFest 2009-07

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Synch Rep for CommitFest 2009-07
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Heikki
Linnakangas<heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Here's one little thing in addition to all the stuff already discussed:

Thanks for the comment!

> If that's the only such caller, let's introduce a new function for that
> and keep the XLogFlush() api unchanged.

OK. How about the following function?

------------------
/** Ensure that shutdown-related XLOG data through the given position is* flushed to local disk, and also flushed to
thedisk in the standby* if replication is in progress.*/

void
XLogShutdownFlush(XLogRecPtr record)
{     int save_mode = XLogSyncReplication;
     XLogSyncReplication = REPLICATION_MODE_FSYNC;     XLogFlush(record);
     XLogSyncReplication = save_mode;
}
------------------

In a shutdown checkpoint case, CreateCheckPoint calls
XLogShutdownFlush, otherwise XLogFlush. And,
XLogFlush uses XLogSyncReplication directly instead of
obsolete 'mode' argument.

If the above is OK, should I update the patch ASAP? or
suspend that update until many other comments arrive?
I'm concerned that frequent small updating interferes with
a review.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao