Re: Questions on setup and usage

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Questions on setup and usage
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Please keep the list copied.  Also, it's best to quote the minimum
required for context, and to avoid top-posting.  (It's much easier for
most people to read this way.)

Michael Gould <mgould@intermodalsoftwaresolutions.net> wrote:
> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:

>>> 3.  We use active directory to validate a user's login.  We have
>>> "rules" and functionality security built in as stored procedures.
>>> How would we do this under Postgres.  We do this with a
>>> configuration variable during the login process stored process.
>>> If the company uses active directory we use it to validate the
>>> user, if not then we present a user login and require that a login
>>> be manually entered.  For those companies that use active
>>> directory we try to have our application validate the AD so that
>>> the user isn't required to multiple applications.
>>
>> I don't know anything about that.  Perhaps someone else will jump
>> in with advice.

> Thanks, I think I can use Kerbos 5 in order to handle the security
> login.

> I also find that it would be nice that instead of putting a date to
> have the password expire on a user that you could set the number of
> days that a password expires in.  I guess we could write a user
> function for that.

> Is there any way using a character set or locale setting to make
> sure that the where clause is case insensitive other than using
> ILIke?

I believe so, but I'll leave the details to those more familiar with
the issue.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Questions on setup and usage
Сообщение: Re: Questions on setup and usage