Re: [pgsql-www] commitfest.postgresql.org

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] commitfest.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I *am* using some kind of key.  Specifically, in integer derived from
> a serial column.  It's just as stable as 16 random bytes displayed in
> hex, but a lot shorter and easier to remember, if you're the sort of
> person who likes to remember URLs.  :-)

Wasn't aware of exately what you were doing.  It sounded like multiple
things were in the query_string.  If its already a single key, than
there is no need to use a different key.  And no, I don't like
remebering URLs ... thus all the fuss about breaking bookmarks ;-)
anysimilar scheme, seems easily doable with a>>> little apache rewrite magic and some programming. See my>>> blog urls
forone such example.

>> IMHO, I don't see much gain to encoding the date into the url either. This
>> is not a great way of telling the user when something occurred.  A lookup is
>> going to occur either way, so why not get all data at once using a single
>> method?
>
> Sorry, I'm not following this part.

Using a URL to encode when something occurred was being offered as a
solution to know what commitfest it is.  I'm not sure where your
confusion is?

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC