Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Дата
Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Hmm, what happens when the startup process performs a write, and
> bgwriter is not running? Do the fsync requests queue up in the shmem
> queue until the end of recovery when bgwriter is launched? I guess I'll
> have to try it out...

Oh dear, doesn't look good. The startup process has a pendingOpsTable of
its own. bgwriter won't fsync() files that the startup process has
written itself. That needs to be fixed, or you can lose data when an
archive recovery crashes after a restartpoint.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas