Re: psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bhushan Verma wrote:
>> The core file is generated in the data directory. I believe the default
>> location on Fedora is /var/lib/pgsql/dat
>
> Yes I also think the same.
> But there is no core file in /var/lib/pgsql/dat on my system.
> I am trying to find out why this is not generating core while log message
> "LOG:  server process (PID 14255) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation
> fault" is wriiten in the log file.

Perhaps the ulimit is not in effect after all? Try starting postmaster
directly, without pg_ctl:

ulimit -c unlimited
postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/data

--
  Heikki Linnakangas

От: Brendan Jurd
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4862: different results in to_date() between 8.3.7 & 8.4.RC1