Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Greg Stark wrote:
> For what it's worth that's certainly not true. Any user maintaining a
> patched version of the source tree for production use will want to
> merge in any patches for older releases. For example anyone using the
> CONNECT BY patch with 8.3 will surely want to take any 8.3 patch
> releases.

..or port that forward to 8.4, once it's released. To me it doesn't seem
that unreasonable to develop something on top of a stable branch and to
want to migrate that to a newer stable branch or HEAD later on. Git
could certainly help to reduce bit-rotting here, in my experience.

Regards

Markus Wanner

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up