Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?
Дата
Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

Let me start this out by voting the things I think we can drop until 8.5:

* gettext plurals patch needs some polishing
-- revert patch, save for 8.5

#  adjust information_schema precision and scale fields?
-- save for 8.5

# instrument the Windows shared memory reattachment problem?
-- as much as I'd like to do this, the solution could be as bad as the
problem; we'd need more testing time for new instrumentation.  Will have
to deal with via testing patched versions.

# tweak the ordering heuristics for parallel pg_restore?
-- beta2 version is "good enough"; further improvements should be saved
for 8.5.

# change or at least redocument from_collapse_limit?
-- should be doc patch only.  Robert Haas should write it.

# revisit increase of default_statistics_target?
-- No.  Still appears to be artifact of DBT2.  Can't reproduce the issue
using pgbench, or any other test.  Still investigating.

Other questions:

#  cost_nestloop and cost_hashjoin are broken for SEMI and ANTI joins
    * tgl says: I think this is mostly dealt with but it could use
performance testing.

Mark?  Jignesh?   Can you test this?

--
Josh Berkus