It's June 1; do you know where your release is?

От Tom Lane
Тема It's June 1; do you know where your release is?
Дата
Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
As of today we are three months behind the original plan for 8.4.0 release.
In a one-year release cycle that's already pretty bad slip; but there now
seems no chance of a release happening in less than a month, and if we
continue to let things drift it could easily stretch to five or six
months' slip.  Given the slow pace of bug reports there is no reason to
be waiting.  We need to refocus our energy on getting the release out.

The main thing that needs to happen now is to deal with the open items
listed at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.4_Open_Items
either by fixing them or by agreeing that it's okay to let them slide
to 8.5 or beyond.