Re: INTERVAL SECOND limited to 59 seconds?

От Scott Bailey
Тема Re: INTERVAL SECOND limited to 59 seconds?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sebastien FLAESCH wrote:
> Actually it's not limited to the usage of INTERVAL SECOND, I am writing
> a PostgreSQL driver for our 4GL virtual machine...
>
> I need to store all possible Informix INTERVAL types such as:
>
>    INTERVAL MONTH(8) TO MONTH
>    INTERVAL DAY(8) TO MINUTE
>    INTERVAL SECOND TO FRACTION(5)

In Postgres, you should just store it as an INTERVAL which (unlike some
other RDBMS') has the ability to store ranges from fractional seconds to
  thousands of years. Then if you need to output it in the above format,
make a view that splits the actual interval into month, minute and
fractional second pieces.