Re: INTERVAL data type and libpq - what format?

От Sebastien FLAESCH
Тема Re: INTERVAL data type and libpq - what format?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you guys for your input, I really appreciate.

It's a while I haven't posted on this list and be happy to get fast and
accurate answers...

As I wrote in a previous mail, I maintain a database driver for our 4GL runtime
system, allowing Informix 4gl applications to use PostgreSQL.

In this context, we have unknown SQL statements to prepare/execute, so it's
note easy to patch the SQL on the fly to add some cast clauses as Sam
suggested...

Regarding your suggestion to use libpqtypes.h:

As a dev tool provider, we cannot force our customers to rely on add-ons
or extensions. Our driver must work with a standard PostgreSQL database.

By the way,

I would also feel more comfortable if the type ids to be passed to the
paramTypes[] array would be provided in a public header file.

I don't understand why this is not published...

Many thanks,
Seb