Re: how to extract data from bytea so it is be used in blob for mysql database

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: how to extract data from bytea so it is be used in blob for mysql database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14/05/2009 14:18, George Kao wrote:
> The platform is WinXP. I have database with fields of bytea in Posgresql
> 8.1. The objective was to transfer the entire databasae (schema + data)
> to Mysql 5.1. I used the pg_dump from Posgresql 8.1 to extract the
> schema and data. With some minor touch-up of the sql script generated, I
> am able to run the script with mysql.exe to store the database except
> for the bytea data...

OK, grand - but you still haven't said what problems you're running
into. We can't really help until you give a bit more detail.

Have you read up on the bytea type in the docs? When you do a
text-format dump, the data in bytea columns is dumped in escaped octal,
so you need to handle this somehow when reloading into MySQL.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie