Re: Question on inserting non-ascii strings

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: Question on inserting non-ascii strings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 01:57:04PM -0400, Steven Lembark wrote:
> On Thu, 14 May 2009 18:44:57 +0100 Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> wrote:
> > You want to be using whatever language you're generating the parameter
> > from (Perl) to handle the expansion of escape sequences for you.  This
> > will cause the expanded string (i.e. the escapes have been interpreted)
> > to be sent to Postgres and everything should just work.  Unfortunately I
> > don't use Perl much, so can't give much in the way of a demo--hopefully
> > others will.
>
> That is what I thought should happen, but
> using a database with encoding of UTF8 and
> client_encoding of UTF8 still gave me the
> warnings.

Which "warnings" are you talking about?  I thought you said you had
plain SQL working OK, but were struggling to pass parameters containing
UTF-8 encoded characters.

Are you sure that your Perl code is passing the string encoded as UTF8?

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/