Re: Question on inserting non-ascii strings

От Steven Lembark
Тема Re: Question on inserting non-ascii strings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 14 May 2009 18:44:57 +0100
Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> wrote:

> You want to be using whatever language you're generating the parameter
> from (Perl) to handle the expansion of escape sequences for you.  This
> will cause the expanded string (i.e. the escapes have been interpreted)
> to be sent to Postgres and everything should just work.  Unfortunately I
> don't use Perl much, so can't give much in the way of a demo--hopefully
> others will.

That is what I thought should happen, but
using a database with encoding of UTF8 and
client_encoding of UTF8 still gave me the
warnings.

thanx

--
Steven Lembark                                            85-09 90th St.
Workhorse Computing                                 Woodhaven, NY, 11421