Re: "No transaction in progress" warning

От Conrad Lender
Тема Re: "No transaction in progress" warning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/05/09 15:58, Tom Lane wrote:
> What seems most likely is that you're looking at the wrong log file.
> Recheck the "where to log" settings.

Thanks, Adrian and Tom,

you were right, I wasn't looking at the correct file.
My postgresql.conf has:

log_directory = '/var/log/postgresql'
log_filename = 'postgresql-8.3-main.log'

The server startup messages were in this file (which is why I assumed it
was the correct one), but for some reason after a restart the logs were
created as

/var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.3-main.log.1241706461

I've moved away all the old files, but every time I restart (using the
/etc/init.d/postgres script), new log files with a timestamp are
created. AFAICS, there are no open filehandles or locks left pointing to
'/var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.3-main.log'.

Well, at least now I know where to look for the warnings.

Thanks,
  - Conrad