Re: Does anyone use postgreSQL(windows version)+Hibernate with middlegen?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Does anyone use postgreSQL(windows version)+Hibernate with middlegen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
rolandpeng wrote:
> Yes,I'm totally agree about this comments.
> But as you're mentioned,I'd like to build all the hbm.xml at first run.
> I have built more than 40 tables with complicated relations among those.
> So if middlegen could help me to complete the template work at first
> generation would be very convenience.

NetBeans does fairly decent schema generation, at least for JPA. I'm not
too sure whether it supports XML-based schema definitions too.

Personally, I look at the XML-based hibernate stuff and shudder. JPA
isn't exactly beautiful, but it's fairly maintainable and kind of clean.
If you're building a new project, have you considered using JPA and
Hibernate EntityManager? You can always drop back down to the underlying
Hibernate APIs when you need to (for example: setting parent/child
autodelete relationships, which aren't defined in JPA 1 only in the
yet-to-be-availible JPA2) and most of the time EntityManager is very
nice to work with. You still use HQL, or native SQL queries as/when you
prefer.

--
Craig Ringer