Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production

От Ognjen Blagojevic
Тема Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production
Дата
Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production
Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production
Список pgsql-performance
Hi all,

First, thank you all for your answers.

Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
> Give it a try, and please tell us what sort of application you want to
> put on it.

It is a student database for the college which is a client of ours. The
size of the database should be around 1GB, half being binary data
(images). Not more than 100 users at the time will be working with the
application.

I don't worry about the performance, but more about the maintenance
under Windows. What file system to use? How to schedule vacuuming and
backup? Are there any windows services that should be turned off? Those
questions come to my mind when I consider new OS for the RDBMS.

Regards,
Ognjen