Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Yet 1000's of users are running PostgreSQL on Windows in production.  It
> really depends on what kind of application you're running, and what its
> demands are.  For a CMS or a contact manager or a personnel directory? No
> problem.  For a central payroll system for 18,000 employees?    I'd use
> Linux.

Confirmed from my experience too.

On top of that, I would like to add - that using it on windows first,
might be a good step ahead. And installing linux on server isn't so
hard anymore, and shouldn't be a problem, unlike 8 years ago :)

Give it a try, and please tell us what sort of application you want to
put on it.

--
GJ

Сообщение: Re: 2.6.26 kernel and PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: 2.6.26 kernel and PostgreSQL