Further question RE dumping and reloading whole database server

От Kevin Bailey
Тема Further question RE dumping and reloading whole database server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Further to an earlier question..

I've tried

 pg_dumpall --inserts --clean -h $REMOTE -U admin | psql -U postgres
template1

To extract a whole database from a remote server and to reload it into a
local DB but this produces tons of errors.

ERROR:  role "admin" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
DETAIL:  owner of database test1
owner of database test
7 objects in database test1
201 objects in database test
ERROR:  role "admin" already exists
ERROR:  current user cannot be dropped
ERROR:  role "postgres" already exists
ERROR:  role "sql-ledger" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
DETAIL:  owner of database bean-demo
owner of database bean-cash
owner of database bean-41

Is there something I need to do RE the user I connect as?

Or should I do the dump to a file - transfer the file and then attempt
the reload?

Thanks,

bailey86