Re: Storing HTML: HTML entities being rendered in that raw form

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Storing HTML: HTML entities being rendered in that raw form
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/04/2009 17:27, linnewbie wrote:

> I have stored HTML in a text field that I subsequently render on the
> web.  However when I retrieve and render this data on the web I  am
> getting the entities being rendered in their raw form, ie, instead of
> getting the '&' symbol when '&' is stored  I'm getting the 'raw'
> '&'.

Can you show us how you're storing the HTML? If you're sending the
ampersands into the database as '&', then that's what's going to get
stored, and so that's what you're going to get back. Postgres doesn't
change '&' -> '&', you'll need to do that yourself before sending it
to the database.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie