Will PostgreSQL 8.4 allow having different encoding databases on a same PostgreSQL server ?

От Bruno Baguette
Тема Will PostgreSQL 8.4 allow having different encoding databases on a same PostgreSQL server ?
Дата
Re: Will PostgreSQL 8.4 allow having different encoding databases on a same PostgreSQL server ?  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: Will PostgreSQL 8.4 allow having different encoding databases on a same PostgreSQL server ?  ("Albe Laurenz *EXTERN*" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
Re: Will PostgreSQL 8.4 allow having different encoding databases on a same PostgreSQL server ?  (informatica <informaticadomina@domina.com.co>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello !

Currently, I have several PostgreSQL databases, some of them are using
LATIN1 encoding, some of them are using UTF-8 encoding.

In order to have theses two encoding, we had to install two PostgreSQL
server on two different ports. One is for LATIN1 databases and one is
for UTF-8 databases. (I known there is a workaround which allows to mix
several databases encoding them on a same PostgreSQL server, by
specifying "C" locale to initdb).

I've heard some rumors on freenode stating that PostgreSQL 8.4. will
allow to have several databases encoding. Did I understand right ?

Thanks in advance for any informations about that feature !

Regards,

--
Bruno Baguette - bruno.baguette@gmail.com