Re: Are there performance advantages in storing bulky field in separate table?

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Are there performance advantages in storing bulky field in separate table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sam Mason wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 04:56:35PM +0100, Ian Mayo wrote:
>> One more thing:  hey, did you hear?  I just got some advice from Tom Lane!
>
> Statistically speaking; he's the person most likely to answer you by

Even so, this might be the #1 advantage of Postgres over Oracle (cost
being #2).

Unless you're one of their ten biggest customers, I imagine it'd take
quite some time to similar support from the core team's counterparts
of the other big databases.