Re: Table has 22 million records, but backup doesn't see them

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Table has 22 million records, but backup doesn't see them
Дата
Re: Table has 22 million records, but backup doesn't see them  (Radcon Entec <radconentec@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Please remember to reply-all so others can help or see the solution as
well (also, the convention on this list is to bottom-post, not top-post).

Radcon Entec wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Here's the exact command and output, taken from the DOS command window:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\entec>"\program
> files\postgresql\8.1\bin\pg_dump" -f f
> eedback.sql -v -a -t feedback -h 159.138.80.150 -U postgres Anneal
> pg_dump: reading schemas
> pg_dump: reading user-defined functions
> pg_dump: reading user-defined types
> pg_dump: reading procedural languages
> pg_dump: reading user-defined aggregate functions
> pg_dump: reading user-defined operators
> pg_dump: reading user-defined operator classes
> pg_dump: reading user-defined conversions
> pg_dump: reading user-defined tables
> pg_dump: reading table inheritance information
> pg_dump: reading rewrite rules
> pg_dump: reading type casts
> pg_dump: finding inheritance relationships
> pg_dump: reading column info for interesting tables
> pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "feedback"
> pg_dump: finding default expressions of table "feedback"
> pg_dump: flagging inherited columns in subtables
> pg_dump: reading indexes
> pg_dump: reading indexes for table "feedback"
> pg_dump: reading constraints
> pg_dump: reading triggers
> pg_dump: reading dependency data
> pg_dump: saving encoding
> pg_dump: executing SEQUENCE SET feedback_feedback_key_seq
> pg_dump: restoring data for table "feedback"
> pg_dump: dumping contents of table feedback
And what was the result? Zero-size file? If not, what was in the file?

> When I ran a batch file dumping the schema and about forty tables into
> separate files, no problems were encountered.  All of the resulting
> files have reasonable sizes.

What method did you use for that process?
> I haven't tried psql yet, nor pg_dumpall.  I've got a full backup
> running now.
Via what utility if you aren't using pg_dumpall? Also, running a full
backup won't impede testing your connection with psql.

От: Jennifer Trey
Сообщение: Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.
От: Scott Mead
Сообщение: Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.