Re: Postgresql installation with ssh connection.

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Postgresql installation with ssh connection.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
dfx wrote:
> dear Sirs,
>
> is there on the web a simple guide (for "idiots") to install postgresql
> on CentOS 5.2 using only a ssh connection? (no web browser, no graphical
> capability). My first problem is to download using ftp instead a web
> browser.

Try something like "yum install lynx" first - lynx is a text-based browser.

> The default installation (#>yum install opstresql)suggest the version
> 8.1 but I would like to install the latest 8.3, so I suppose that I have
> to change some file containing yum directive per postgresql.

Notes regarding RPMs here (there must be a more up-to-date one, this is
the first I found).

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/2008-06/msg00012.php

You'll probably want to add a new repository to yum (or something like
that - Debian my myself I'm afraid).

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd