Re: Vacuum Full

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Vacuum Full
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> rare enough that we can suggest other workarounds when need arises.

Yeah, I can't remember ever being glad I tried a VACUUM FULL.  I think
I once allowed it a week and a half to try to finish in a situation
where there wasn't enough disk space for a rewrite (CLUSTER or the
clever side-effect trick with ALTER TABLE).  I even dropped all
indexes and the primary key first, since I figured I would just need
to rebuild them again if they were there, and it would slow down the
VACUUM FULL.  In the end, we killed it and used pg_dump and psql.
That ran in about a day.

-Kevin