Re: privilege inheritance to a login role through a group role

От Jan-Peter Seifert
Тема Re: privilege inheritance to a login role through a group role
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:

>> If there's some identifiable bit of the documentation that confused you
>> about this, please point it out so we can improve it.
>
> ... because, apparently, lots of people are bitten by the same
> misunderstanding.

Maybe it's not the documentation but the translation? I don't have
pgAdmin III at hand now. But if I remember correctly it says "Vererbt
Rechte von Vaterrollen" as translation for INHERIT in German. This
implies that it's the other way around (vererben = to pass sth. on to
so.). Less confusing would be "Erbt Rechte von anderen Rollen (INHERIT)".

Peter