Re: A couple of bugs...

От David Gould
Тема Re: A couple of bugs...
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Thanks for your prompt response.<br /><br /> I am currently running pgAdmin 1.8.4 on Vista for backup and XP for
restore. Server is 8.3.6 on the local machine in both cases.<br /><br /> Dave Page wrote: <blockquote
cite="mid:937d27e10903190243h5057f261tb03a29f3bce9e33@mail.gmail.com"type="cite"><pre wrap="">On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at
9:08AM, David Gould <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:david@networkltd.eu"><david@networkltd.eu></a>

There are a couple of bugs surrounding backup/restore.

When you go to backup it doesn't just work - I haven't played around with
settings.  On the command line it suggest that it's tried:

pg_dump... -F -p ...

Where what it should generate is:

As far as I can see in the source history it's been hardcoded to -F p
since the code was written in 2004:

cmd.Append(wxT(" -F p"));

It was changed for 1.10, but it uses the long command options now so
you'll see --format not -F. What version of pgAdmin are you using? </pre></blockquote> Sorry, I am mistaken it seems to
becorrect now.<br /><br /> What actually happens is that when you enter the backup window and click "OK" it flicks over
tothe Messages screen, but nothing happens.  A backup file appears but it's 0 bytes in length.<br /><blockquote
cite="mid:937d27e10903190243h5057f261tb03a29f3bce9e33@mail.gmail.com"type="cite"><pre wrap=""> </pre><blockquote
type="cite"><prewrap="">Worse, you can't copy and paste the command line because the cursor keeps

Works fine for me. What platform are you on? </pre></blockquote> I hold down shift, press up-arrow and it flicks down.
Thisis on 1.8.4 on the Vista platform.<br /><blockquote
cite="mid:937d27e10903190243h5057f261tb03a29f3bce9e33@mail.gmail.com"type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><pre
wrap="">Withrestore, you select the file to restore, but the OK button remains

recognised by pg_restore. Note that PLAIN dumps must be restored using
psql manually.</pre></blockquote> Yes, thanks for this - I've discovered that!  Probably a frequent first mistake.<br