Re: Translation of the manual

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Translation of the manual
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My intend is to translate pgAdmin's manual in french during 1.10 beta. I
>> have two questions about this:
>>
>> * can I use the svn repo to store the french manual (a good location
>>  would be docs/fr_FR)?
>
> Yes - that's what that location is intended for :-)

Great :)

> How do you intend to keep the translation in sync? I hope to overhaul
> the docs next cycle, so it may be an idea to think about a different
> toolchain now.

The same way I do with the PostgreSQL manual. At beta time, I get a diff
between the old and the new docs.

Changing the toolchain could be a good idea. Having a better
documentation would be a good thing too.

Happy to see you're already thinking about next release :)

>> * will we put the translation on pgadmin.org website? I have another
>>  possibility (docs.postgresql.fr) but perhaps it would be better to
>>  have it also on pgadmin.org.
>
> Yes, I think so. It shouldn't take too much effort to integrate with
> the existing language selection.

Yes, that's what I think too.

Thanks.

--