Problem database access

От Yann Collavoli
Тема Problem database access
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I am trying to install a postgresql 8.1 shared server. I want each user
to access only its own database through phpPgAdmin. For example, user
“toto” access a database named “toto”, etc.

I used these lines to create the user and his database :
bash-3.2$ createuser toto -P -D -A
Enter password FOR new role:
Enter it again:
Shall the new role be allowed TO CREATE more new roles? (y/n) n
CREATE ROLE
-bash-3.2$ createdb -O toto -E LATIN1 toto
CREATE DATABASE

This is the contents of the file pg_hba.conf :
# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD
LOCAL sameuser ALL md5
LOCAL ALL @admins md5

The “postgres” user (so the administrator of the database) can log in
phpPgAdmin (without any problem). This user can see all databases. When
the user”toto” logs in phpPgAdmin, the connection failed and I get the
following error message in the postgres logs :

FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry FOR host "[local]", user "toto", DATABASE
"template1", SSL off

Do you have any idea about why it doesn’t work and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Yann

--