Re: postgres 8.2 doesn't start after ubuntu upgrade

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: postgres 8.2 doesn't start after ubuntu upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Bryan,

Bryan Keith wrote:
> After thinking about this a little more, I realize that the problem for me
> is not that the upgrade didn't go well.  It's that I can't access my data
> on 8.2.

Well, yeah, if your Postgres 8.2 doesn't even start up, you cannot dump
the data from it. And pg_upgradecluster does not much more that a dump
restore cycle.

> If
> I can access the data on 8,2, that'd be great, too, and then I can worry
> about upgrading.

That sounds like a reasonable approach, yeah.

> How can I see it?  Why won't 8.2 start?  Note that I get no message at the
> prompt when trying to start 8.2.

Is the package postgresql-8.2 still installed? Or did the Ubuntu upgrade
automatically deinstall that? What does the log in
/var/log/postgresql/8.2/... say?

Regards

Markus Wanner