Re: Postgesql and SSL

От Thomas Pundt
Тема Re: Postgesql and SSL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Lukas schrieb:
>  nope, no use of it.. Situation stays the same.. Does any one have more
> ideas?
[...]
>>>  I am trying to run PostgreSQL with SSL, so I compiled and
>>> linked with
>>>
>>> ./configure --prefix=/DB --with-openssl
>>>
>>> Configured and installed successfully.
>>> In postgresql.conf I have option "ssl = on"
>>> When starting Postgres I get error:
>>> LOG:  SSL is not supported by this build
>>> FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "ssl": 1
>>> DEBUG:  proc_exit(1)
>>> DEBUG:  shmem_exit(1)
>>> DEBUG:  exit(1)
>>>
>>> Where is the problem? Is here versions which does not
>>> support SSL, it
>>> would be strange..
>>>
>>> Versions used:
>>> PostgreSQL 8.3.4
>>> OpenSSL 0.9.8j

well, probably; in a situation like this I'd first check for any errors
from the configure step. Did it by any chance complain about not
finding the SSL library?

Next thing to check: is the postmaster linked against the SSL library?
   cd /your/postgres/install/path/bin
   ldd postgres|grep ssl

should output something like
   libssl.so.0.9.7 => /usr/lib64/libssl.so.0.9.7 (0x0000002a95775000)

if not, SSL is likely not compiled in; go back to checking the
configure part.

If you have positively confirmed, that SSL support is compiled in,
you likely simply don't use your newly built postgres. Check paths
and start scripts and make sure, it uses your new built binaries.

If that's not it, I think you have to provide more information about
your platform.

Ciao,
Thomas