Re: speaking of 8.4...

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: speaking of 8.4...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 10:19 +1300, Tim Uckun wrote:
>>
>> [according to some page on the web site...]
>> 8.4 was scheduled to be released march 1.  Do we know what the
> All schedules are subject to change within the community :)
>>  tentative date of release is?
>
> When it is done of course.

Perhaps that should be the official position communicated in
the various places on the web site.

I do notice that the Press FAQ with it's Q4 2008 guess
is even more optimistic than the other page on the website
people seem to be finding that implies March.

http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/faq
  Q: When will 8.4 come out?
  A: Historically, PostgreSQL has released approximately
     every 12 months and there is no desire in the community
     to change from that pattern. So expect 8.4 sometime in
     the fourth quarter of 2008.