Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver,

setString is "special" because historically this is what we see in
the upgrade problems. People try to insert a date using setString
('dateval') etc.

Also we have historically told people to use setString to insert pg
specific types, when there was no corresponding java type.

I am not suggesting that we type all parameters as UNKNOWN only
String parameters.

Dave
On 19-Jul-05, at 9:07 AM, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>

>> by typing it as UNKNOWN we are letting the backend decide what to
>> do  with it. There is considerable code in there to do the "right"
>> thing.
>>

> So you are suggesting we type all parameters as UNKNOWN regardless
> of which setXXX() accessor was used to set them?
>
> If not, why is setString() special?
>
> -O

Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux