Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:

> setString is "special" because historically this is what we see in  the
> upgrade problems. People try to insert a date using setString
> ('dateval') etc.

And we're back to: I think the right solution here is for people to fix
their broken apps, not to introduce unpredictable behaviour in the driver.

> Also we have historically told people to use setString to insert pg  specific types, when there was no corresponding
javatype.

That's a fair point.

We really need a proper way for specifying this anyway; I had a trivial
PGobject implementation at one point that did the trick, but Kris didn't
like the other bits I did in that patch and I never got around to
implementing it separately.

-O

Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux