Upgrade 8.3.6 issues

От Isabella Ghiurea
Тема Upgrade 8.3.6 issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,
I'm testing for the first time a PG upgrade process, presently running
8.3.4 and try to upgrade to 8.3.6. I have installed 8.3.6 in separate dir
- run pg_dumpall using the new PG 8.3.6 version
- shutdown the server
- create a new db cluster  with 8.3.6 initdb
-copy   pg_gba.conf and postgres.conf to 8.3.6 PG location
-Now I can't start the db server using the pg 8.3.6 version ., I'm using
same port # default . Here is my message:
 > pg_ctl status
 > pg_ctl: no server running
 >0:bin$ pg_ctl start
server starting
postgres@cvodb0:bin$ 2009-02-18 08:00:59 PST::@:[16713]:LOG:  could not
bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
2009-02-18 08:00:59 PST::@:[16713]:HINT:  Is another postmaster already
running on port 5432? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
2009-02-18 08:00:59 PST::@:[16713]:LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket:
Address already in use
2009-02-18 08:00:59 PST::@:[16713]:HINT:  Is another postmaster already
running on port 5432? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
2009-02-18 08:00:59 PST::@:[16713]:FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP
sockets
pg_ctl status
pg_ctl: no server running