Re: pg_hba reload

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: pg_hba reload
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bob Pawley wrote:
> I am attempting to load postmaster.
>
> pg_ctl reload
>
> I don't understand what is needed for [-D DATADIR]. I have tried the
> path to Postgresql with no luck.
>
> I've also leftoff [-s] since it doesn't appear to be needed.
>
> Help would be appreciated.

unclear from your description what help you specifically need.   there's
no actual questions there..

what happened when you "attempt" this?

the DATADIR is the full path to the postgres data directory, such as
/var/lib/pgsql/data on my RHEL/CentOS linux systems or "/program
files/postgresql/8.3/data" on a windows system.   the -s flag is
'silent' and yes, quite unneccessary here.    the only output from a
'reload' command is 'server signaled', to find out if it was successful,
you'd need to check the server logfile, such as
DATADIR/pg_log/postgresql-2009-02-14_000000.log, where you'd see
something like...

    LOG:  received SIGHUP, reloading configuration files

as a response to the reload request.