Re: add_path optimization

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: add_path optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Where are we on this: the original patch, and Kevin's slow queries?
Robert's patch is not the cause of the 8.4 problems with my queries,
and (as Robert pointed out) a separate thread has been started to
discuss those issues.
From my perspective, Robert's patch has improved plan time in every
test of a complex query that I've run.  I have compared plans for some
queries with and without the patch, and in when I have done so the
EXPLAIN output has been byte-for-byte identical, it just got to that
plan faster.
In this post:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-02/msg00118.php
Tom points out that the additional optimizations included in 8.4 can
increase plan time a bit, "So there might be an argument for
installing Robert's optimization or something like it in 8.4 to buy
some of that back, rather than waiting for 8.5."
-Kevin

От: Marko Kreen
Сообщение: Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS