Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>> pg_dump -s postgres  | sed -e 's/SET default_with_oids = true;/-- &/'
>
>> No good for non-text dumps.
>
> Also it would fail badly if the dump had in fact been made with -o.

Don't do that then. We're not talking about filtering any old dump you
have lying around. We're talking about adding a new flag to pg_dump. If
you can run pg_dump with a new flag, surely you can run it without -o in
text mode and use sed just as well.