Re: Is a plan for lmza commpression in pg_dump

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: Is a plan for lmza commpression in pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dann Corbit wrote:

> The LZMA SDK is granted to the public domain:
> http://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html

I played with this but found the SDK extremely confusing and flat out horrible.  One personal dislike was the
unnecessaryuse of C++; although it was the

horrible API that turned me off.  I'm not even sure if I ever got a test program
working.

LZO (http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/) is a great algorithm, easy API
with many variants; my fav is LZO1X-1(15).  Its known for its compresison and
decompresison speeds ... its blazing fast.  zlib typically gets 5-8% more
compression.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC