Re: add_path optimization

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: add_path optimization
Дата
Re: add_path optimization
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Can you let it run to completion?  Without explain analyze results
>> it's going to be pretty difficult to isolate the problem.
>
> Barring some currently unforseen need to switch it into service to
> back the web site, yes.
It's been about 23 hours and it's still running.  No apparent memory
leakage.  No significant disk activity.  One CPU pegged (of the 16 on
the machine).
Sooner or later we're likely to need to swap this box into production,
but there's a good chance it could be left this way for days or even a
couple weeks.  Unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to use nohup
when running this, so a network glitch might knock me off, too.  (And
they've been working on the network due to a move of the server room
to a new floor.)  Do I just leave it?  Would a stack trace be of any
value?  If you had row counts or dumps of the statistics tables, could
you figure anything out?
Let me know.
-Kevin