Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone
Дата
Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> What it looks like is that the postmaster was executed out of
>> /usr/bin.

> dropping symlinks to the pg binaries in /usr/bin or
> /usr/local/bin or /sbin/ is something I've done for ages, on PostgreSQL
> versions 7.1 -> 7.4.   Is there a problem with this now?

This is fundamentally broken by the changes to support relocatable
installs: PG now attempts to find the support files by relative paths
from the place where the executable was found.

It might be worth making find_my_exec able to detect that it found a
symlink, but I'm not sure how much code would have to be added to
resolve the symlink, nor how portable it would be.  It would fail
anyway if someone did this via hard linking rather than symlink.

You could work around it by configuring the installation correctly,
ie, make --exec-prefix not be a sibling of the other install
directories.  That would defeat the relocatable-install logic and
make it fall back to hardwired paths.