Re: Partitioning wiki page

От Emmanuel Cecchet
Тема Re: Partitioning wiki page
Дата
Re: Partitioning wiki page  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon,
> At the moment, all you've done is show examples of how Oracle does
> partitioning and restate my requirements document, significant chunks
> completely verbatim. If you do that I think it fair to ask for a
> specific credit on that. But even so, thank you for the compliment.

It was not my intention to steal your work but to put together
everything that was produced so far. I tried to put in the links
section, references to all documents I have consulted so far. I thought
this was a collective work and therefore did not ask for specific credit
for everyone that participated on the mailing list. As you can also
notice, I did not claim any credit nor put my name on the wiki page. I
am just trying to help the community.
If you think that every contribution should acknowledge its original
author, I can add a bibliography and put references but this will make
the page harder to maintain.

Regarding the current syntax, it is not just a copy paste of  Oracle but
a merge between Oracle and MySQL. I have not looked yet at other
products being new to the datawarehouse world. As I mentioned there is
still a lot of work to do and I will try to integrate feedback as we go.

Best regards,
Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Cecchet
Aster Data Systems

От: "Robert Haas"
Сообщение: Re: Proposed Patch to Improve Performance of Multi-Batch Hash Join for Skewed Data Sets
От: Emmanuel Cecchet
Сообщение: Re: Partitioning wiki page