Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> I find it pretty scary to work around compiler bugs like this. Who
>> knows what other code it miscompiles. Can you reduce fsm_search_avail
>> into a small stand-alone test program, and file a bug report with the
>> compiler vendor?
> FWIW, the compiler doesn't miscompîle anything on postgresql, as an
> heavy user/hoster, I'd know!
>
> Let's not start a flame here, SCO compiler is as good or as bad as
> anyother..
>
> Never saw a problem with gcc, hp-ux, darwin or M$?

Sure, that's not what I was saying. My point is, when there's a bug in
one version of a compiler, we shouldn't try to adapt PostgreSQL to that
bug. Instead, we should narrow down the bug, get it fixed in the
compiler, and tell users to use the most recent version of the compiler
where the bug has been fixed.

Сообщение: Re: ALTER composite type does not work, but ALTER TABLE which ROWTYPE is used as a type - works fine
Сообщение: Re: ALTER composite type does not work, but ALTER TABLE which ROWTYPE is used as a type - works fine